As stated in the Group’s Code of Ethics, ENAV promotes waste management policies that reconcile the needs of economic development and value creation with those of respecting and protecting the environment.
Within the context of their respective operations, both ENAV and Techno Sky have adopted specific procedures, which, in line with relevant legislation, regulate the management of waste (e.g. waste oil and generator filters, batteries, toner, electronic components) with the aim of mitigating the associated risks through proper recovery/disposal of waste according to principles of efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
The general objectives pursued by the Group to protect the natural environment and to manage related risks are: the standardisation of the process of managing hazardous and non-hazardous special waste; the general and technical assessment of environmental management; and, for ENAV only, supervision of proper fulfilment, by in-house maintenance personnel, of obligations established by law and by internal waste management procedures, in accordance with company procedures, and management of the transport of x-ray materials.
The activities carried out by ENAV in 2018 aimed at achieving these objectives concerned, among other things: the performance of 37 audits at the subsidiary Techno Sky in order to assess the proper execution of maintenance services specified in the in-house agreement, including the management of waste produced within the scope of those maintenance activities; the formalization of a survey of temporary waste depots; the performance of 32 audits at ENAV and Techno Sky to verify the proper implementation of environmental procedures; the review of company procedure SGQ-P-ENV.1.1 “Waste Management”; the definition of a system of responsibilities and delegation of functions to grant powers and responsibilities throughout Italy with regard to the environment; the provision of two sessions of the course on regulatory compliance in the field of environmental protection for those responsible for these functions, for safety and prevention personnel, and for other personnel concerned; and the execution of a survey of temporary waste depots.
With regard to Techno Sky, the most significant activities during 2018 concerned:
- issue of the company procedure TS-SGQ-P-RU.1.1 “Special waste management” and of the instructions TS-SGQ-I-RU.1.1-01 regarding compilation of the stock-in/stock-out register and waste identification form”;
- preparation of guidelines for setting up temporary waste depots;
- identification of personnel to be assigned specific responsibilities (and related duties) for the fulfilment of obligations arising from Legislative Decree No. 152/2006 and Legislative Decree No. 4/2008 as amended, in practical terms with specific reference to the activities carried out by Techno Sky:
- protection of soil and resources (Part III of Legislative Decree 152/2006);
- waste management (Part IV of Legislative Decree 152/2006 Title I, II, III);
- site reclamation (Part IV of Legislative Decree 152/2006);
- compliance with the regulations concerning air quality and the management of atmospheric emissions;
- provision of a training course on waste management;
- execution of a survey of temporary waste depots;
- dedicated analyses to identify potential optimisation measures relating to the operating methods for the management of special waste generated by maintenance activities;
- management of systems containing fluorinated gas (f-gas) in compliance with the requirements of Regulation (EU) No. 517/2014 and the corresponding Italian law (Presidential Decree No. 43/2012).
ROUGHLY 56 TONNES OF HAZARDOUS WASTE RECOVERED (40 TONNES OF WHICH PRODUCED BY TECHNO SKY)
ROUGHLY 4 TONNES OF
HAZARDOUS WASTE SENT FOR
(2 TONNES OF WHICH PRODUCED
BY TECHNO SKY)